BA 1120 Conductive Antenna Gasket extends antenna life and offers greatly improved anti-corrosion and electrical characteristics over current solutions. BA 1120 is constructed from a high tack urethane filled expanded aluminum, designed to lower total cost of ownership by 33%.
At only 15% gasket deflection, the uniform expanded aluminum provides higher conductivity when compared to particle-filled or woven mesh alternatives by eliminating electrical resistance associated with point-to-point contact. The improved electrical conductivity not only results in lightning strike grounding, but also Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shielding ensuring the antenna gasket will function as intended.
In addition, BA 1120 provides antenna and fuselage corrosion resistance by minimizing moisture ingress and the resulting electrolytic environment, through increased sealing performance. The highly conformable low modulus urethane adapts to surface irregularities to enhance leak path elimination under atmospheric pressure. And, the highly conformable gaskets allows uniform distribution of fastener loads eliminates pitting and scoring.
Bron Aerotech’s BA 1120 applications include a variety of flange-to-flange assemblies:
- Aircraft fuselage mounted accessories (antenna, exterior lighting, etc.)
- Access panel assemblies
- Connector/Waveguide assemblies
Features and Benefits:
- Superior electrical performance at 15% deflection
- Optimized Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shielding
- Enhanced corrosion resistance and fluid sealing
- Custom die cut gaskets available
- Two standard thickness (0.03” and 0.055”)
- RoHS certified
Technical Data Sheet: